Did you know the fact that Alzheimer’s kills more people than breast and prostate cancer combined every year in the US? According to the stats, 83,000 die from the condition each year. Whereas breast cancer (41,070 people) and prostate cancer (26,730 people) takes approximately 67,000 lives every year.
What is Alzheimer’s?
Alzheimer is one of the most common forms of dementia and is caused by the gradual destruction of brain cells.
Corporate Wellness App
A few more facts about Alzheimer:
- 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- More than 5 million are affected by it.
- Someone develops Alzheimer’s Every 66 seconds
- Since 2000 deaths from Alzheimer’s disease have increased by 89%.
- 1 in every 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
What are the risk factors for Alzheimer’s?
Some of the risk factors of Alzheimer include high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity etc.
What are the symptoms of Alzheimer?
Memory loss that hampers daily activities may be a symptom of Alzheimer’s. Other symptoms include mood swing, language, and coordination problems, trouble driving and forgetting familiar routes.