Bad breath is probably one of the biggest turn-offs in any intimate or social situations. Fortunately, healthy food choices like Yogurt can help fight bad breath (Halitosis). Yogurt is rich in active flora, which has a beneficial effect on odor-causing mouth bacteria.
You might also be interested in: 7 natural home remedies to get over a cold quickly?
Corporate Wellness App
CircleCare provides companies with a platform and tools to motivate their employees via positive reinforcements and rewards to establish and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.
What are the causes behind Halitosis?
Halitosis can be caused by various reasons. Most commonly it is related to the smell of leftover food particles in our mouth. To help reduce bacterial growth besides by brushing and flossing, Yogurt can be effective alternative option.
How does yogurt help reduce bad breath?
There is evidence now from a Japanese research, that a diet that includes 6-oz. of plain, sugarless yogurt each day may attack bacteria on the tongue. As these bacteria breed and process food, they can release unpleasant odors through our mouth. Studies also suggest that regular Yogurt eating reduces the levels of hydrogen sulfide-a bad breath-causing compound-on our mouth.
Some other ways to get rid of bad breath
By following these habits, you can get rid of Halitosis:
- Maintain good oral health by keeping mouth, tongue, teeth, and gums clean with regular brushing and flossing.
- Change your toothbrush every 4-6 months.
- Try avoiding eating excessive amounts of cheese or any other dairy products.
- Compliment your diet by introducing green or black tea.
- Use a tongue scraper to get rid of excess food left behind from eating.
- Try using mouthwashes with essential oils.