Asthma Triggers – Reasons behind Asthma
The exact reason behind the asthma is still unknown. Many researchers think asthma is caused by the interaction of some genetic and environmental factors or irritants including in touch with allergens, pets, exercise, pollen, bugs in the home, chemical fumes, cold air, fungus spores, dust, smoke, and strong odors. These factors differ from person to person and one they include the followings:
- Indoor and outdoor substances such as pollens from grass, trees, weeds dust mites, mold spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste, etc.
- Environmental pollutants or irritants in the air, such as smoke, chemical fumes, and strong odors.
- Respiratory infections, such as the common Colds, the flu or other illnesses.
- In most cases, regular exercise is good for asthma patients, but high-intensity physical activity can cause exercise-induced asthma attacks.
- Extreme weather conditions such as cold air, dry, wet or wind.
- Certain medications, including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve)
- Strong emotions, anxiety, and stress.
- Certain food additives and beverages, including shrimp, dried fruit, processed potatoes, beer, and wine.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which stomach acids back up into your throat.
- An underlying medical condition such as Sinusitis, Nasal polyps.
- Occupational hazards such as working with plastic resins, wood dust, grains, insecticides, and metals.
- Smocking is a significant risk factor behind asthma, especially childhood exposure to secondhand smoke.
No matter what’s the cause or trigger of asthma in your case, it’s important to take steps to manage this chronic disease. CircleCare App can help you understand more about asthma and provide a recommendation on healthy lifestyle changes that can help you keep the condition in check.
Corporate Wellness App
CircleCare employee engagement platform provides companies with a platform and tools to motivate their employees via positive reinforcements and rewards to establish and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.
One thought on “Asthma Triggers – Reasons behind Asthma”
Pingback:Healthy Diet Tips for Asthma Patients | CircleCare