In addition to natural sugars, fruits also contain vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, all of which are necessary if you want to lead a healthy life. Fruits are also a useful option for weight loss diet, at the same time providing us with just enough energy to function and build our body. Let’s take a look at the reasons why we should eat fruits:
- Most fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium, and calories. None have cholesterol. So eating fruits regularly reduces the risk of high blood pressure (hypertension), diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- Fruits that are full of Vitamin C – Which is an antioxidant, helps prevent the formation of cancer-causing nitrogen compounds.
- Dietary fiber from fruits helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Fruits are normally rich in potassium, which may help lower blood pressure. It might also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- If you are trying to lose weight, one cup of fruit is usually lower than of some other higher-calorie foods. So if you want to lose weight, start eating more fruits from today.
- Fruits like raspberries, apples, figs, prunes, bananas, and avocados are very much fiber rich, so they help with digestion as well.
- Raspberries, blackberries, apples, avocados, and asparagus are full of antioxidants, which helps prevent wrinkles in our skins.
- Vitamin C right fruits like grapefruit, pineapple, oranges, and lemons help prevent acne.
Corporate Wellness App
CircleCare provides companies with a platform and tools to motivate their employees via positive reinforcements and rewards to establish and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.